Benefits of Managed AdWords
After setting up a Google AdWords Search campaign, one of Insight Marketing Design’s clients requested that we take over the management of the online campaign. The first month provided an excellent baseline for measuring significant improvements to the campaign’s conversion rate, click through rate and ad rankings.
The original campaign was set up by a client using AdWords’ default settings (Google suggests this “maximizes your potential traffic”).
Insight Marketing Design began managing the campaign after the first 30 days of traffic.
- Clicks – the number of individual clicks on ads
Impressions – number of time the ads are shown on Google
- Click Though Rate - % of people exposed to the ad who click on it.
- Ad Rank – position of the ad shows on page
- Conversion – When a site visitor performs an action that matches your advertising goals
- Contact Us Conversions – Submission of a contact from
- Dealer Locator Conversion – Interaction with dealer locator map
Case Study Results
In the first three months that Insight Marketing Design has monitored and optimized the campaign, we have recorded these results:
- Volume of clicks is not as important as the quality of clicks. Fine-tuning the campaign involves filtering out unqualified traffic, focusing instead on site visitors most likely to convert.
- The principle behind search impressions is that quantity does not reflect quality. Effective campaign management aims at showing your ads only to customers interested in the service you have on offer.
- Click through rate is a measure of engagement. If customers see ads that match their search query, they are more likely to click.
- Higher Ad Rank leads to better click-through. More people click on the top ad than any other ad served on the same results page.
- Converting visitors is the primary aim of the campaign. By reducing waste and getting qualified traffic to the site, we are engaging more potential customers, and fewer tourists.