Pinterest is a popular social media platform that proves the old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words. This photo-sharing site has about 320 million regular users worldwide, 80 million of those are from the United States. That’s a lot of eyeballs that are connected to a lot money.
Pinterest is great for marketers not just based off the huge audience, but because that a large portion of that audience uses the site for making purchasing decisions.
A recent survey revealed that 47% of social media users view Pinterest as a platform for shopping for products. 77% of “Pinners” report that they have discovered new brands on the site. And while all those numbers are impressive, the best news for marketers may be that 78% say they want to see content from brands on the site.
For a site that has so many users who actually enjoy branded content, it is surprising that 97% of top search results are unbranded.
So if you’re looking to grow your marketshare on Pinterest brand your pins!
Even a small logo on your pins can reap major rewards.
A few other best practices for marketing on Pinterest include:
• Make your content mobile-first – 85% of Pinners use the site on their mobile devices.
• Link your pins – Make sure all your pins link directly to a place your audience can purchase your products.
• Create website and pin synergy – If the pin links to a landing page that appears dramatically different from the image you pinned, you’ll create confusion and may lose the sale.
• Don’t forget the “shop” tab – On your business profile you have the ability to add a “shop” button. If you want to make a sale, make it easy for people to buy.
• Use high quality imagery – People are making purchasing decisions based on what they see, so make sure your product photography looks great in order to close the sale.
These are just a few ways to maximize the effectiveness of your Pinterest sales channel. To see if a focused Pinterest marketing campaign can pay off for your brand, give Insight Marketing Design’s digital marketing team a call a call at 605-275-0011 or send us an email.